2009-03-25

On The Road To Recovery

I've been stiffer and sorer today than I was yesterday. My chest feels tight because of the gas they put in me (so that organs could be visualized easier). My throat is sore from the intubation (apparently standard procedure). And my abdomen hurts because that's where the doc was mucking about. I have two small incision marks - one at my belly button and the other about an inch over the pubic bone. They both have round bruises around them and the lower one seeps a little. The information sheet I was sent home with says a little bleeding can be normal for the first 48-72 hours.

I didn't get to talk to the doctor yesterday after the operation. Because of the anesthesia and pain meds I was on, he just spoke with Nathan. So the second hand news I got about my insides is that the doc didn't find endometriosis. When Nathan told me this in post-op I almost cried from frustration. Sure, endometriosis isn't a fun thing to have and there's not cure, but at least the surgery would have helped the pain. Since the doctor didn't see any endo tissues to excise then I imagine that after I recuperate I'll have the same pelvic discomfort as before. Yes, that really bites.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Tim's sister had to have the surgery, but hers really was for endometriosis, and it helped her out a lot. I hope they can find out what's wrong. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does bite!

    ReplyDelete