2009-03-16

False Alarm

Just kidding friends. Looks like I'm not moving into that place I excitedly posted about yesterday.

Turns out the previous tenants were a little misleading about the deposit and pet policy. Instead of a $250 deposit, it's really that much plus first and last month's rent except you have to pay last month's rent when the time comes, so it's really just $850 deposit. And $100 is non refundable for carpet cleaning, which the new tenant arranges for themselves. 1) that's an expensive carpet cleaning, and 2) why isn't this taken care of before the new person moves in?

Instead of a no cats or dogs policy, the landlord went on to say no snakes, birds, guinea pigs, or fish. More animals may have been mentioned. I'd rather not live there in fear that my pet rats will get me evicted. Holy cow, no fish?! Sounds a little uptight to me.

Oh yeah... Apparently the landlord (an elderly man) and his wife spend several months of every year in St George. What the heck? What if something needs to be taken care of?

I guess it's back to searching Craigslist ads. I'll let you know if things change.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Thankfully you found out before it's too late.
    I've never been on craigslist. I didn't even know things like apartments were advertised on it.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete