2009-03-15

Am I Really Doing This To Myself?

Well, Nathan and I have an appointment tomorrow to sign papers for a new apartment. Man I hate moving, but my now apartment is really bugging me and has been for a while. The new place is $600 a month and very close to my work. No more waiting for Nathan to pick me up! And I'm still being responsible with my money and not splurging for a much more expensive place that would leave us financially strapped each month. Which I've been tempted to do.


Cons about my curent place that I hope the new place will fix:
- have to drive over a curb every time I enter or leave the driveway because only about 3 feet of the entrance was smoothed down
- neighbors in the next house over who sit outside in their cars and blast mariachi music so loud that I feel the base while lying in my bed
- radiant heating located in the ceiling. And the heating system downstairs broke so there's a small space heater type thing stuck in the wall instead.
- nosy and noisy school  age children that constantly run by my window in good weather. And I live in the back of the building and these children are from several houses down.
- shower has separate knobs for hot and cold water. I spend half of my shower time adjusting the water temperature.

Possible cons about the new place:
- less storage space
- possibly not as much sunlight. Windows are only south and north facing. South facing windows have awning over them.
- only one story. Might feel like less space even though square footage is the same.

Pros about the new place:
- a block away from my work
- kitchen is L shaped and not galley style
- it's an end unit so there is only one shared wall. No neighbors above or below either.
- built in dishwasher

1 comment:

  1. OH MY HECK!!! I am so excited for you! Granted I am sad that you'll be about 5 mins further away :)I like you'll find that you'll love the one level. I had the same concern when we moved into our place. Good luck. Let us know when the move is so we can help.

    ReplyDelete