2007-08-20

Kids Say The Funniest Things

I spent the weekend with my 4 cousins and thought I would come back with funny stories to tell. While they did make me chuckle during my stay, the cute moments don't translate easily into writing.

For instance, Allie is 4. At the end of our visit we were visiting outside by the cars. Apparently she'd had a long day and too much activity. She climbed into the backseat of her dad's car, announced 'I need some peace and quiet time', and shut the door.

Sunday morning I made pancakes for the family. Uncle was at work, aunt was recuperating from surgery in her room and cousins Allie (4) and Kyler (14) were still asleep, so I only had the middle 2 at the table. So while I was at the griddle flipping pancakes, I asked Cade (7) and Sarah (8) to get the table ready. I reminded them to get plates, then forks, then knives, then milk, then syrup... We all sat down and I asked whose turn it was to say the prayer. Sarah figured out that since it was Sunday it was her turn. We listened to an interesting child's prayer which involved what was on her mind which included people in the military since we had been talking about her Uncle Tim who is in the Air Force. And after the prayer Caden pauses to say, "you guys are like my mom and dad. But nicer."

No comments:

Post a Comment