2007-07-30

Two Thumbs Down

So we had coupons for free rentals at Hollywood Video and rented 2 DVD's last week. I was Not Satisfied with the endings to both of them.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Nathan wanted this one because he watched it on a plane trip once except he could only hear it and mostly not see it due to the screen closest to him not working and the next screen being behind a curtain in first class. There was no conclusion. I was annoyed. I thought, You can't do all that chasing and then not have someone stab the ugly squid's heart. And what is with the oracle anyway? Is she on drugs? Why are the mystics always black women (ex. The Matrix)?

2. Premonition: We both like Sandra Bullock. I like movies that are suspenseful but not horror (i.e. give me nightmares). I did not like this movie. She was confused, her husband died, she figured it out, and she was okay with it. I was mad and complained about it over a midnight dinner at Denny's. Before we returned it, Nathan watched some of the commentary and told me that the movie was supposed to be about fate and how we can't change fate but can come to accept. Bull. Total Bull.

No comments:

Post a Comment