2007-07-26

BlackBerry Anyone?

Before Nathan went to work this morning, we made a quick trip to a fruit stand just down the street. There must be a dozen of them within a 2 mile radius of our home but they're always closed up by the time Nathan gets back from work.

I'd been wanting to buy blackberries all week. When I stopped by the produce section at Albertsons I couldn't find a single package that didn't have at least one moldy berry. And the price! So I didn't buy any then but we got some excellent looking ones today.

Blackberries remind me of Little House on the Prairie or Anne of Green Gables type girls getting sent out by their mothers to pick berries off the bush. Only half of them would end up in the basket and the girls would return home with their fingers and lips stained black.

I don't remember if I ate them or not when I was growing up. I do know that when I popped one into my mouth this morning I was surprised at how TART it was. I won't be eating those blackberries all by myself.

P.S. I'm going to search for blackberry recipes online. I really like Jamba Juice's blackberry smoothie. I'll probably enjoy them more with some sugar to dilute the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment