2007-09-26

Nathan's No Good Week

It went downhill after his birthday. The next day he rode his bike to work. I get a call at 8:30 AM, the time he's supposed to start work. He has a flat tire and can I come pick him up? So I hurried myself there, we got the bike into the car, I dropped him off at work and the day went back to normal.

Enter Thursday. He's up all night with our friend Stomach Flu. I, a trained medical professional, listen helplessly to the bathroom sounds as there is not much that can be done at home to help with Ralphing. But I'm tired, so I sleep too. Bad wife.

Friday afternoon. Nathan tells me that he feels dehydrated. In between stomach spasms (his), we drive to the nearest IHC Urgent Care. After the usual paperwork and 3 other healthy-looking patients being called in first, we saw a doctor. Actually, I don't know who we saw. He never said his name and he may have been a physician's assistant. And actually, we saw more of the medical assistant, who came in first and took Nathan's vital signs. A fever of 103.5? Wow. The doctor (or PA) asks some questions, diagnoses gastrointestinal virus and puts Nathan on IV for an hour. We left with a prescription for an antinausea medicine. Silver Lining? We just got health insurance coverage September 1. For the first time in a year.

Saturday and Sunday. I quarantine Nathan to the living room couch and keep him supplied with a liquid diet. No church for you mister.

Monday. He puts in half a day at work. Still not feeling up to par, but the day passes uneventfully.

And finally - Tuesday. To come full circle, as he's driving to work the car gets a flat tire. Silver lining? Our spare isn't a donut. But it was flat too. He had to put air in it before going to work. And he also felt sick.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you made something so crummy, sound so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete