2022-06-13

Rainy Day

 

The Bus Rainboots


Today was a rare rainy morning. Jack wanted his bus rainboots but I donated them last year when they could only be removed with me yanking the boot off Jack's foot while he held the stair railing. His current rainboots are hand-me-downs from Rose and were fun for Rose when she got them but not Jack's style and big enough that his feet fell out a time or two.

Walking in the Gutter
We followed the sidewalk around our apartment complex. Unlike past rainy day walks, Rose chose to join me and Jack. Similar to his other rainy day jaunts, Jack tromped through the watery rain gutters.

Jack making a dam

Rose making a dam

They used their booted feet to create dams so leaves couldn't pass.

A leaf called "boat".
Jack held onto this leaf for the entire walk and named it "boat". Two others were named Poppy and Leafie but they didn't last as long.

Jumping in Puddles
After a while, Rose preferred jumping in puddles.



3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good day, even without those cool bus rainboots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good time. I love when the kids are with me for rainy days.

      Delete