2007-12-01

A Christmas Party

Yesterday I had a day on the town in preparation for my first party of the season. First I had to drop Nathan off at work so that I could use the car. Then I was on my own - with a debit card. After spending way too much time in the mall, I bought a cute red dress at JC Penney and some comfortable dress shoes at Sears. (Did you know Sears has cute clothes?). A haircut at Fantastic Sam's made me feel pampered and late picking up Nathan. Oops.

The activity was planned by a bunch of guys who exaggerated and called it the Ward Christmas "Ball". (Turns out they just wanted to give people a chance to dress up and we were reassured in our Sunday meetings that Sunday dress would be okay.) Most people came in stuff a little to fancy to wear to church, but not formalwear. One couple came in a limo and wore a tux and a gown.

I was a bit leery of what was essentially a church dance, but I had a good time. It was a fun (and free) date night with dinner, a gift exchange, and dancing. Nathan and I went home the proud owners of a box of Cheerios (from the swap) and sore toes as proof that our social dance lessons from BYU are fading.

No comments:

Post a Comment